Nigerian Afrobeat superstar, Burna Boy, has reportedly cancelled five arena dates from his ongoing ‘NSOW Tour’ amid declining ticket sales, sparking concerns among fans and entertainment observers about the impact of recent controversies on his tour momentum.
According to multiple reports, the dip in ticket sales came after a controversial video went viral showing Burna Boy ejecting fans from his show for “sleeping” during his performance. The clip, which circulated widely on social media, depicted the singer confronting and asking the sleeping fan and her companion to leave, causing a stir among viewers and fans alike.

The incident drew widespread criticism online, with many accusing Burna Boy of disrespecting his supporters and exhibiting arrogance. Social media users questioned whether his reaction to the sleeping fan was appropriate, with discussions trending across platforms about celebrity behavior, audience expectations, and performer-audience etiquette.
Since the incident, ticket sales for several cities have reportedly dropped, prompting Burna Boy’s management team to quietly remove some dates from the tour schedule. Fans who had previously purchased tickets expressed mixed reactions—some disappointed about the cancellations, while others defended the singer’s right to enforce audience standards during his performances.

The Grammy-award winning singer publicly addressed the controversy during a recent show in Dallas, offering an apology to his fans. He said, “I’m sorry, please. I apologise to everyone, it was a slip of the tongue,” acknowledging that his choice of words may have offended his audience and contributed to the negative perception surrounding the incident.
Entertainment analysts have pointed out that the cancelled dates and declining ticket sales may have financial implications for the tour, as well as reputational consequences for the artist. Fans and industry watchers are closely monitoring the situation to see whether the backlash from the viral video will have a long-term effect on Burna Boy’s popularity and his ability to sell out shows in other cities.
Despite the controversy, many fans have continued to support the singer, expressing hope that he will regain momentum and continue delivering high-energy performances that showcase his musical talent. Discussions on social media reflect a mix of disappointment, amusement, and concern, with some fans debating the fairness of criticizing an artist for reacting to inattentive audience members.
The situation remains a trending topic online, as fans continue to debate the influence of social media on artists’ careers, the expectations of live audiences, and how performers navigate public perception while maintaining control of their shows.
Watch video below…
🚨Moment Burna Boy asked a fan to take his girlfriend home because they were sleeping at his show last night in denver 🇺🇸🤯
“Take her the fxck home. Walahi im not performing another song till you go home” pic.twitter.com/pxpXrCbWBx
— HYPETRIBE (@hypetribeng) November 13, 2025
“I know my ticket sales are suffering since that incident. Even the coffee I introduced no one is buying. So please I am sorry to everyone and everything I said. It was a slip of tongue.”
-Burna Boy (apologizing to his fans) pic.twitter.com/VkWuwH9Oqz
— Arthur🇳🇬🇬🇧🇸🇳 (@AjMachalaa) November 26, 2025